How to Survive a Mugging
The best mugging defence of all is to avoid being mugged in the first place! Dur, you say. However, we have some tips which will help, that you may not of thought of!
- Stay in populated areas
- Stay in well-lit areas
- Stay discreet
- Maintain your situational awareness
- If you identify a potential threat, move to safety
But, "what if I do get mugged?", you ask! Follow these tips.
- Give the mugger what they want.
- Consider taking a dummy wallet (i.e. a second, cheap wallet, that is empty)
- Make noise, a lot of noise, as much manly noise as you can.
- Fight back - as a last resort - defend yourself!